Overview of class description and products
I love the soft serene beauty of the cards in this class and hope you will love making them as much as I did! They evoke a sense of peace and hope. I used a second stamp set for some of the greetings: Lovely You. The font is very similar to the font in Beautiful You. Any greeting stamp set works with these designs.
A note about skin tones with Stampin’ Blends:
You can create dark, light, and medium skin tones with our Stampin’ Blends. I love their versatility and the beautiful hues you can achieve with very little effort. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you achieve the skin tones you desire:
- Ivory gives a neutral flesh color and is an excellent base. Add other color(s) for darker skin tones. Bronze is an excellent base for darker skin tones.
- Light Petal Pink gives a warmer flesh color with a hint of peachy pink.
- Light and Dark Crumb Cake give medium-medium dark skin tones, but they are fairly cool. You can warm them up by adding Petal Pink (which is a pale peachy pink).
- Light and Dark Cinnamon Cider give us a new set of neutrals we can add to our skin tones! They are definitely more of an orangey brown and make for deep, rich mahogany tones.
- Light and Dark Soft Suede give the darkest skin tone shades. For best results add some Cinnamon Cider or Bronze for skin to keep it realistic.
- Color Lifter will help you lighten up any tone. By using it you can also achieve an effect of sunlight.
These same principles can be used to make varying hair colors. For hair you can add in Dark and Light So Saffron, Dark and Light Basic Black, plus any of the grays!
Doing just a bit of custom work with hair and skin tones can make a big difference when creating any handmade cards using people images. Play around on some scrap Whisper White Cardstock (it’s designed to work perfectly with Stampin’ Blends) and be sure to take notes so you can recreate the tones you have made. Have fun with it!
- Lady with Purple Dress in Field Card
- Lady & Girl Card
- Girls with Pails Card
- Lady with Pink Dress in Field of Flowers
- Blessing Card
I added the same video twice and can’t seem to remove one! LOL!